Japanese module firms maintain stranglehold on domestic market 2014-12-11

    Domestic suppliers continue to dominate Japan’s shipments of solar modules, with 2.39GW of a total 2.57GW coming from Japanese companies in the second quarter of the Japanese fiscal year 2014, according to the latest figures from the Japan Photovoltaic Energy Association (JPEA).

    The Japanese fiscal year begins in April each year. According to JPEA, for the period from August to October, the 2.39GW of solar modules shipped within the country represented 115% of demand for the same period of 2013. This was an increase of 26.8% on the previous quarter, when 1.88GW was shipped domestically.

    Commercial and utility-scale projects appeared to be continuing to drive demand, with 78% of domestic modules shipped used for non-residential applications, while the remaining 22% was for the residential market.

   JPEA reiterated the continuing importance of PV in Japan’s future, for energy security and environmental reasons. However, the statement recognised the instability solar can contribute to electricity networks, and reinforced the need to introduce PV in “the appropriate volume and range”. JPEA said that looking to the future, the industry would have to be able to sustain itself without dependency on FiTs and made vague references to the need to review and improve policies around project certification for solar.

hot products
  • carport mounting structure

    Solar Car Park Mounting System

    SunRack solar car parking solar rack mount can be designed as single row and double row two version. It adopts triangle supporting structure technology, which is very strong and secure.

  • Solar Panel Installation Mounting

    Solar Ballast Mounting System

    SunRack ballast mounting system adopts foldable triangular to save cost both on installation and transportation. Non-penetration to rooftop.

  • Concrete base solar ground mounted

    SunRack Concrete Based Ground Mounting

    SunRack concrete base solar mounting is a highly versatile ground mounted solutions that can be widely applied in commercial and utility solar panel installation

welcome to Sunforson
If you have questions or suggestions,please leave us a message,we will reply you as soon as we can!
   

online service

home

products

about

contact