The fifth phase of the 900 MW project in Dubai ’s 5 GW Solar Industrial Park is moving forward 2020-05-13
The Dubai Water and Electricity Authority (DEWA) has signed a 25-year power purchase agreement with ACWA Power in Saudi Arabia, which involves the fifth phase of the large-scale Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum solar industrial park project.

ACWA Power said that the 900-megawatt project will use double-sided solar panels, with a total investment of approximately US $ 570 million. In November, the company won the bid for this large-scale photovoltaic project with a bid of $ 0.016953 / kWh.

DEWA initially received plans submitted by 64 bidders. This huge solar project is expected to begin commercial operation in the second quarter of 2021.

ACWA Power will own 40% of the company operating the project, while DEWA will own the remaining 60%. DEWA said in November that it will start commissioning the fifth phase of the solar industrial park in phases from the second quarter of 2021.

Large-scale project

Currently, about 1,014 MW of the 5 GW solar energy industrial park is in operation. The first phase 13 MW project is by the second phase 200 MW and the third phase 800 MW. First-phase US thin-film module manufacturer First Solar developed the first phase of the project at the end of 2013, while the second phase of the large-scale photovoltaic power plant was built by ACWA Power and Spanish engineering service provider TSK. French energy giant EDF began the third phase of the 800 MW power generation project in 2017. This part of the project will sell electricity to DEWA at an electricity price of $ 0.029 / kWh. ACWA Power is developing the fourth phase. The project was originally designed for 700 MW of concentrated solar power generation (CSP), but then expanded by 250 MW of photovoltaic power generation capacity. The photovoltaic part of the fourth phase will sell electricity at a price of $ 0.024 / kWh. For the CSP part, the agreed electricity price of ACWA and DEWA is $ 0.073 / kWh. The entire Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Industrial Park will also include large-scale energy storage capacity and hydrogen power generation facilities, which are scheduled to be completed in 2030.


If you have any related solar project need to design the structure, please do not hesitate to contact us : info@sunforson.com

hot products
  • Solar Panel Installation Mounting

    Solar Ballast Mounting System

    SunRack ballast mounting system adopts foldable triangular to save cost both on installation and transportation. Non-penetration to rooftop.

  • carport mounting structure

    Solar Car Park Mounting System

    SunRack solar car parking solar rack mount can be designed as single row and double row two version. It adopts triangle supporting structure technology, which is very strong and secure.

  • Concrete base solar ground mounted

    SunRack Concrete Based Ground Mounting

    SunRack concrete base solar mounting is a highly versatile ground mounted solutions that can be widely applied in commercial and utility solar panel installation

welcome to Sunforson
If you have questions or suggestions,please leave us a message,we will reply you as soon as we can!
   

online service

home

products

about

contact